The Living Sounds Blog
Technology Is Here To Help
Here at Living Sounds Hearing Centre, we are able to provide different products and services for people suffering from a variety of hearing issues. Some people experience hearing loss while others experience ringing in the ears (Tinnitus), or both. In addition to hearing aids, we also provide ALDs (Assistive Listening Devices) in order to cater to each personâ€™s specific hearing needs.
- Amplified Telephones: Turn on extra amplification to better hear conversations and adjust the tone and volume.
- Alerting Systems: These devices (for doorbells or smoke detectors) send a signal to a receiver that alerts you by a flashing light or a vibrator pad. Different signalers are available depending on your personal needs and preferences.
- Alarm Clocks: You can purchase an alarm clock that alerts you by a flashing light or vibrator pad placed under your pillow.
- TV Ears: This headset adjusts the tone and volume of the television allowing everyone in the room to enjoy the television a volume they are comfortable with.
- Pocket Talker Ultra: This amplified headset has an attached microphone that is able to transmit sounds for anybody attending a group activity to a headset. You can wear this to turn up and amplify the surrounding conversations and sounds.
These are just some of the examples of items Living Sounds Hearing Centre is able to provide in order to assist those that might not be ready for hearing aids or that have other needs. There is comfort in knowing that nobody has to feel separated from the world with the technology that is available.
Aaron A. Wannamaker
Customer Care Representative