Assistive Listening Devices
Living Sounds Hearing Centre offers a wide variety of assistive listening devices (ALDs) to assist the deaf and hard of hearing.
Although hearing aids and personal hearing devices can be extremely useful in assisting individuals with a hearing impairment in their daily activities, there are many situations where alerting devices and assisted communication devices may be required. In these cases Living Sounds Hearing Centre has a variety of products that can be used to alert an individual to a sound or that can enhance communications.
- Smoke alarm signalers
- Doorbell signalers
- Telephone signalers
- Sound signalers
- Paging devices
- Baby-cry devices
- Wake-up or timer devices
- Siren devices for automobiles
- Multipurpose systems â€“ any combination of the devices listed above
- Amplified telephones with adjustable volumes, pitch and ring patterns
- TTY or teletypewriter telephones allow users to type communications over telephone lines
- Television and radio ear phones deliver sound directly to your ears
- FM and infrared systems for classrooms, meeting rooms, churches or lecture halls
- Closed captioning and rear screen projection for theatres, cinemas or houses of worship
- Communication Access Real time Translation (CART)
For more information on assistive listening devices, please contact us.