Hearing Loss Prevention
Protecting your hearing is an important part of your total hearing health. Living Sounds Hearing Centre offers a number of hearing protection products to help you preserve your hearing.
Hearing loss isnâ€™t just a result of aging. Certain sounds can cause hearing loss in as little as 15 minutes. Even music played at loud volumes can cause hearing damage.
Musician earplugs reduce the harmful levels but leave the tonal quality and timber.
ListenHear Musician Earplugs
- Attenuate across all frequencies rather than just low and mid range frequencies, making music and sound more clear and natural sounding.
- Available with 9dB, 15 dB and 25 dB filters, depending on use.
ListenHear Personal Audio Monitors
- Provide lower stage volume for the performer, truer sound for the audience and less equipment to purchase and transport.
- Custom-fit earpieces provide unmatched comfort and secure fit with unique, low profile styling and up to 26dB of sound isolation making them ideal for flying or other noisy environments.
- Also ideal for MP3 players, iPods, computer or gaming systems.
- Eliminates the need for traditional stage monitor wedge speakers.
The volume at some rock concerts and using many household power tools can actually cause hearing damage. Learn what sounds are above 90 decibels (the harmful level) or take an online hearing test.
Using custom-molded ear defenders is recommended when doing any activity with a noise level that is above 90 dB.
For more information on Hearing Protection, please contact us to book an appointment.